Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Things that make you go Hmmm, politically

You've heard about this Obama photo thing, right?
 
Click here for the story and come back when you're done:
 
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/02/25/politics/p091845S97.DTL&type=politics
 
Okay, good, back now? Right. First off, I think both sides are reacting to a non-event. But it's still overwhelmingly goofy, right? Obama is in his father's native Kenya. He tries on traditional clothing. There's a photo. Now, supposedly, the Clinton camp circulates that photo to be divisive. How is it divisive? Because Americans think all turbans are dispensed by Al-Qaeda, I guess. We're too stupid to differentiate. I suppose I shouldn't be snarky, I mean, post 9/11, life isn't all peaches for Sikhs, right? And their turbans don't even look like those of the "evil-doers." Anyway. So Obama says "Hillary, stop being divisive!" And Camp Hillary, wide-eyed and innocent (again, perhaps I'm using misplaced snark) says "you shouldn't call your own photo divisive, WE don't see that turban as being terrorist like."
 
Neither side is going to win many points out of this conversation PLUS, I have to figure the papers have something else to cover besides this traction-less story. So let's get to it, kids.

No comments: